Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Photographer portfolio and inspiration: Madhu Gopalan

I am so happy to share the portfolio of one of my favorite photographers, Madhu Gopalan. When I entered the blogging world, one of the bloggers whose photographs repeatedly caught my eye and fascinated me was Madhu. She was in the process of photo-documenting her hometown of Hyderabad, India. I have never been there and my perception and view of the city - this hi-tech place filled with IT companies- has forever changed because of Madhu's pictures. Instead, I have placed Hyderabad in my must-visit list because I want to see and experience the city that looks like this....


Where beauty is so common place that you might miss it if you aren't looking carefully. 



I could go on forever because I suffer from 'why-post-one-gorgeous-picture-when-you can-post-them-allitis' but  I will stop so that you can click on over to Madhu's blog Aadab Hyderabad where you can find beautiful and amazing pictures of the city. Madhu is a professional photographer and is available for photo-shoots and assignments all over India. She captures the best in everything, be it in people or the places around her. 

All photographs copyrighted to Madhumita Gopalan. To contact her, click here. To visit her blogs, click here. Thanks for sharing, Madhu! And because we are such block-print lovers and pictures like this just make my day...lovely!


8 comments:

GB said...

Lovely post! H'bad is a beautiful city--crowded(just in the heart of the city), but beautiful...it's been more than a decade since I visited, so I'm sure a lot must have changed there! how time flies... :)

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

She is brilliant..great post.

Designwali said...

These are gorgeous!

Patricia Torres said...

I've been following Madhu.. and her work is simply awesome...

Madhu Gopalan said...

Thank you so much for the lovely post Priya :) I love your blog, and am honoured to be featured on it :) Thank you everyone for your kind comments :)

Sharon Colaco D'Souza said...

Thank you for this post - I absolutely love Madhu's work - loved the first pic and the last pic the most!

Kamini said...

Yes, her pics are great and every time I see something she captures, I want to go visit it the next day! Yes Priya, come to Hyd....then we can meet up too! :-)
Madhu - beautiful shots! You remind me once again how lovely the city is when I get all mad and frustrated at the crowds and chaos!

Leigha said...

What an incredible group of images. I adore the juxtaposition of the vibrant color against the black and white silhouettes. Really lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...