Monday, November 15, 2010

Designer Inspiration: Amy Butler

Nothing chases away the blahs faster than visiting Amy Butler's website! Joyful colors and exuberant patterns bring out the girly girl in me.
I am a strictly browns, reds and greens person but I wonder how it would be to live in such vibrant surroundings. While browsing through the website, I was drawn to this collection of fabrics, Soul Blossoms by Amy Butler.

It reminded me in some way of India (the string of marigolds and the hot pinks everywhere helped:)  and imagine my total surprise when I clicked on the pictures and found that the collection is Amy's "interpretation of an enchanted, modern passage through the floral delights of India." 
I am in total awe of her talent because the fabrics were instantly recognizable as being Indian inspired- in fact, some of them remind me of the bright, kitschy Indian calendars with big, almost unreal-looking flowers or of gods and goddesses. LOVE it! See the entire collection here.

All images from Amy Butler.

6 comments:

Bhavna said...

Love it! Your post brightened up a dreary grey November morning :)

Sylvie said...

WOW!!! Wonderful colors!!!

Kamini said...

I know what you mean. Am a totally earth colors girl myself but absolutely love the deep pinks blues and pastels here! That first pic is stunning!

Designwali said...

so much gorgeous colour!

Sound Horn Please said...

I completely agree- Nothing like colour to chase away the blues!

Emreen said...

I love the lady's sense of color....!! Awesome !! It could brighten anyone's day !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...