Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Postcards from Coimbatore, India

I am in the southern Indian city of Coimbatore. While much of the world is covered in a blanket of snow, we have just-right glorious sunshine and temperatures ranging from 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Sending some sun and splashes of color your way...


India in Technicolor

p
(Making wishes come true)

Towering temples.2

Towering temples


India in Technicolor

"There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won’t go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds. It was as if all my life I had been seeing the world in black and white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor." 
- Keith Bellows, Vice-President, National Geographic Society.

All pictures copyright Once Upon A Tea Time.

2 comments:

GB said...

Beautiful! It's so nice to see these posts Priya, it's almost as if your muse is coming to life!

Once Upon A Tea Time said...

Hi GB,
Thank you! I have started going everywhere with my camera and many of these are roadside shots- color is everywhere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...