Saturday, March 12, 2011

Over a cup of tea: On blogging

It wouldn't be a stretch to say blogging is as important as breathing to me. Its more than a chronicle of interior decor though that is primarily what I blog about- its a daily log of my memories, of small and big happenings, of things that inspire me on a given day and of the ways you can create a home that you love. Initially, it was an online personal diary but as the days went by, I realized what I wanted was the web equivalent of a large glossy coffee table book- it would still store my thoughts but in addition, it would have all this  decor eye candy that I love looking at,  accompanied of course, by a cup of tea! 
Surprisingly, most of the people in my offline life don't know that I write a blog. It has a lot to do with the fact that I am a very private person and the blog is a place where I sometimes share my innermost thoughts. It would be like asking everyone in my daily life to read my diary- I don't think I can do it! Do you write a blog? Do you share it with people? 
This is my third year of blogging and as we go forward, I want to stress how important it is that you maintain your own style and voice when you blog. There are millions of blogs and sometimes, everyone sounds the same but remember it's your diary- write about what you love and don't lose what makes you, you. 

4 comments:

Rajee Sood said...

I say it now and I 'd say over andover again a million times ... I LOVE THAT RED TEA POT OF YOUR ... the next time you spy a same piece ...think of me ... I'd really love to buy one ... pleash... pleash... :)

Trish said...

Congratulations on completing 3 years of blogging:) I am an occasional lurker.. come here when I need my 'happy' fix!
And I so agree with you,about keeping the blog private,offline.I recently made one of my personal blogs private,for the same reason..:)

Anonymous said...

I loved the table cover and also the wooden block. Where did u pi k these?

Once Upon A Tea Time said...

@Rajee, The teapot was a gift from my sister- she has a green one- she picked it up from a street side stall in Singapore. But if I do see one, I promise I will keep it for you :).
@Trish, Thank you for your comment. And I am glad that you find a 'happy' fix here :).
@Anonymous, the table cover is not really one- its a vintage quilt made in the Ladakh region of Northern India. The wooden block is a flea market find. Send me an email if you want more specifics :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...