Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Summer

I was stuck in traffic for a long time today because of some rain- which I am not complaining about because we need it here in Northern California- but it did make me crave some sunshine. It seems like a long time since last summer's carefree days. When I think of summer, this is what comes to mind... whitewashed walls. Clear and golden light. Sun-dried, crisp sheets that crackle when you lay on them. Air that is just a little heavy and makes you want to retire into the coolness of a dark room. Afternoon naps. And the floating sounds of kids' laughter everywhere.






And I forgot to mention hot cups of tea (yes, hot!) accompanied by biscuits to dunk in them.

From the latest Toast House and Home

Image credits/ copyright/links: TOAST, UK. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...