Thursday, May 3, 2012

Of books and tea: Marrakesh By Design


I  want to share pictures of my teatime from today afternoon. I had beautiful company in the form of my copy of the new book Marrakesh By Design by Maryam Montague. It arrived in the mail in time for tea. Given the author and the rich design heritage of Morocco, I knew the book was going to be beautiful but it also made Moroccan design accessible with a list of practical tips and resources. And the  interiors that are featured are enough to make me want to sell everything and move to Marrakesh, Essaouira or Fes. You are going to want to get a copy of this book.  Moroccan design as showcased in this book has elements in common with Indian design, especially the love of beautiful fabrics and the presence of  rich jewel-like colors (think saturated reds) that energize a room.


I was inspired by the reds in the book and proceeded to indulge in a bit of photography. 









The next book that I am waiting for: Nomad, Bringing Your Travels Home by Sibella Court. Due out in November.

Image credits/copyright: 1-8 taken by me; 9: Nomad by Sibella Court, book cover from Society Inc. 




7 comments:

Lady In Read said...

love the photos....

notyet100 said...

I luv that teacup,..so full of life,..:) happy weekend

Ritu Dua said...

Your cup of tea and the whole decor is so charming and very inviting ...love it and so 'following'you!

Archana said...

lurve the wooden coasters..any chance u can share the source? Thanks in advance.

Once Upon A Tea Time said...

Thank you, everyone! Our walnut tree in the back had to have some branches removed- the wooden 'slices' are from those cut branches.

Anonymous said...

wonderful images..Nomad sounds like an interesting book!
e2d

Market Research said...

Awesome pictures...

RTD Tea market

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...